TRIGGER ACTION SPORTSRANGE RULES
- All Federal, State and Local firearm laws must be obeyed.
- Everyone must follow the Four Basic Rules of Firearm Safety at all times
1) Always keep firearms pointed down range while on the range.
2) Treat all firearms as if they were LOADED!
3) KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER until you are ready to fire. (Index your finger)
4) Know your target and what is beyond
- Keep your firearm unloaded until you are ready to shoot.
- Eye and ear protection are mandatory before entering the range.
- Never move ahead of the firing line or shooting booths.
- Dry firing is allowed on the firing line only.
- You can draw from a holster only if you have taken and passed the Drawing from a Holster Certification class
- Do not pass loaded firearms from one booth to another.
- If a jam or other malfunction occurs and you cannot clear the problem, leave the firearm on the shooting bench and ask the Range Safety Officer for help. Do not leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm.
- Be sure your firearm is in good working order. If you are not sure please take your firearm to the gunsmith to have it checked over.
- Report any negligent discharges or damage to equipment immediately to Range Safety Officer/TAS employee.
- If a cease fire is called, unload your firearm with the cylinder open, or slides locked back, and step back from the shooting position.
- Use only authorized firearms on the range.
- Do not cross fire at targets on other lanes.
- Use only approved Targets.
- All firearms must be cased and unloaded when entering the store or range (excluding concealed firearms and law enforcement).
- No one under the age of 21 is allowed on the ranges without parent or legal guardian supervision.
- All individuals using the firing range must sign a waiver and rental agreement (if renting).
- Use the correct ammunition in your firearm.
- Shotguns may use slugs only.
- No tracer, incendiary gas, explosive ammo, armor piercing, steel core and steel casing ammunition, or shotshells are allowed (all ammunition in magazines will be inspected).
- No black powder or muzzle loader allowed on range.
- Smoking, eating or drinking is prohibited on the range.
- Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
- No pregnant women are allowed on the range (Lead contamination and concussive force can be harmful to a fetus).
- Anyone displaying unsafe actions will be warned to correct their behavior, and/or be asked to leave.
- TAS reserves the right to refuse use of the range or service to any person for any reason.
- We do not suggest open-toe shoes or open tops, but it is at your discretion. When brass ejects from a firearm it is hot.
- Be courteous and aware of any shooters on the range.
- All Class III Firearms must be checked at the rental counter.
- Guest renting firearms for range use agree to only use new commercial factory ammunition. NO RELOADS IN RENTAL FIREARMS.
- Range Safety Officer has the Authorities to remove anyone from the range that is not adhering to these rules.